Tales Of Psychofonia
K.zip has different interesting tales to narrate.The tonight´s artist is coming from Paris. As a little boy he had received a classical music education and since his 15 years he has been selecting electronic music records. Since his 18 years an AKAÏ S900 became one of his best friends. He happily shared with us his thoughts of what is music, the scene in Paris some of his influences and many more.
1. Hi Olivier, Who is K.Zip? Are there more faces “hiding” behind you?
I am a dreamer, there is only one member, me and the people around me are in it too because they inspire him… Music is the average ideal to escape from the reality. I am looking to keep an old school vibe but still futuristic.
2. What have been the most important influences for you? Can you name some artists or maybe records that have marked the creation of your sound?
I started to buy electronic music records very young, when it all started in with MO WAX and WARP etc, I was into trip hop and I love some electronic experimental stuff, I am now interested in all kinds of electronic music but more into dance music at the moment. Vladislav delay first releases on Chain Reaction … Rhythm & Sound – Roll Off – this kind of sounds traumatised me -)
3. How do you see things in Paris? There are some good labels arising and very good artists on the scene. Could you name some of them you admire?
I am a wild and solitary person (too wild), I know that there are many things at the moment in Paris like COLLAPSING MARKETS, but I am not involved in the Paris scene.
4. What we liked in your music is the fact that is quite organic. What does music making bringing out of you?
i can’t live without music. Music is like therapy for me.
5. What piece of hardware are you proud of using?
Now I work with a computer and some vintage hardware i still have from when I started doing music years ago. I love reverberation because it is for me like stoping the time.
6. Are you some future collaborations on the way?
I am working on an EP for the french label BADANCE and another one for another label I can’t name yet.
I have just released a tape with Berlin label KASHUAL, but it is another sound.
7. Music is therapeutic. What is the first track or album that comes to mind with such “healing” properties?
Bohren & der Club of Gore – Black Earth
8. We are close to the end of this year. Tell us your favourite music tale of 2014?
I recently discovered Lee Gamble and in fact I realised that in his LP is using a lot of samples from the documentary « Style Wars» and the title of the album is a nod to this documentary. For me it represents the answer of the actual evolution of the electronic music.
9. For the end a difficult question, if we would ask you to introduce yourself with one of your tracks which would it be?
I can’t answer this question because once a track is finished, I never listen to it anymore, I always move to another track.
Check K.zip´s music on https://soundcloud.com/ovd-3