Our first touch with genseiichi was on the shelves of Meditations record store in Kyoto.. His tape Existence on Birdfriend, a label from Osaka, was playing on the speakers. Deep abstract, experimental techno from Kyoto and that sound was pleasantly tickling our ears. That tape was meant to be one of our souvenirs from that beautiful musical shrine.
Apart from from his work on his music and tapes he is co owner together with Durusin of the An Epic label. He recently moved to Berlin, cause it’s ….fun and we shared with you his interview for Tales of Psychofonia. Enjoy it with his..japanese way 🙂
1. Who is geinseiichi?
i’m music producer,mastering engineer,PA and sound design for theatre(dance.playing and movie)
2. How would you describe your music in few words
I’m careful with sound itself most.and the sound give me a imagination.those sounds occur at the same time and disappear and it becomes small and grow big and thinks that it is in music.
3. Why Berlin and not Tokyo? What are the big differences for you while making music between Japan and European countries?
Its just fun.and i’d like to feel another culture.
and I don’t know still.because I moved to berlin recently.and i had some trouble.so I couldn’t have a activity of music.
4. What about your label an epic? tell us few things about the history of it?
I started the label with Durusin.I met with him at live house.one of my favorite artist is same with him.its experimental techno.(modern love,basic channel,etc) there are not like the label in japan.so we got to start.
5. Where can we listen to your music? any forthcoming events?
sorry.i don’t have a plan still.I’d like to gig as soon as possible.i should make some friends who is musician or organizer at berlin.
6. we have a special love for your tapes for birdfriend, tell us few things about the label and the collaboration with it?
Birdfriend’s owner is my friend.we met maybe 7 years ago. he asked me,do you release from my label? and i said YES.
7. What would it be the ideal record/tape for you to treat the mind?
You speak what i feel”Single Collection” remixed by SND a.k.a SND and Terre Theamlitz.
8. Would you name some favourite artists of yours?
Terre Theamlitz,Mouse on Mars,Emily King
9. what is the best thing to do when you are not producing?
Sports(soccer,basket ball,skate bording)novel,movie and playing with my friends.
See here in Japanese:
Picture retrieved on: http://genseiichi.tumblr.com/